Extensive dental damage can be unhealthy and uncomfortable. You shouldn’t have to feel self-conscious about your smile or struggle with unpleasant symptoms. At Brown & Baran Family Dentistry, we offer a full suite of restorative dentistry treatments to help you reclaim your smile and boost your self-esteem. To completely repair and enhance your smile, Dr. Brown and Dr. Baran often recommend a full mouth reconstruction. This customized treatment plan combines multiple restorative treatments to refashion your smile for improved comfort and confidence. If you’re interested in revitalizing your teeth and gums, read on to learn what makes patients excellent full mouth reconstruction candidates at our convenient Seaford dental practice.
Full Mouth Reconstruction Procedures
As an individualized treatment plan, your full mouth reconstruction could involve any of the following:
- Dental implants to replace one or more missing tooth roots and securely hold restorations.
- Beautiful, efficient same-day crowns to repair individual teeth damaged by decay, infection, or trauma. We create these using our advanced CEREC® machine.
- Dental bridges to replace one or more missing teeth.
- Realistic, comfortable implant-supported dentures placed using the innovative Same Day Teeth® technique. These can be fixed or removable, depending on your preferences.
Dr. Brown or Dr. Baran can help design your individualized full mouth reconstruction according to your needs, preferences, and budget at your initial consultation.
Who Is a Candidate?
Since it is a personalized procedure, many patients can benefit from full mouth reconstruction. You may be a good candidate for this treatment if:
- You have chipped, fractured, or broken teeth.
- You enamel is severely eroded.
- You grind your teeth.
- You suffer from periodontal (gum) disease or receding gums.
- You have insufficient oral bone density.
- You suffer from TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorder, which can cause chronic headaches, limited mobility, and other uncomfortable symptoms.
- You have had poor prior restorative dental work.
- You are missing one or more teeth, or require an extraction.
- Your teeth are crooked or misaligned.
- You suffer from extensive tooth decay.
A full mouth reconstruction may be especially important to your well being if any of these issues prevent you from eating, drinking, speaking, or smiling comfortably.
To be eligible for this treatment, you should:
- Not smoke or drink excessively. These habits can impair your healing and interfere with your results. You may qualify for this treatment if you can quit these behaviors for a prescribed period before and after your full mouth reconstruction.
- Have realistic expectations for your treatment. Dr. Brown and Dr. Baran will explain your potential results at your initial consultation.
- Be committed to the full mouth reconstruction process. This treatment often involves undergoing multiple procedures, which can be physically and emotionally taxing, but very rewarding.
- Plan to take excellent care of your new smile. Maintaining excellent oral hygiene can help you enjoy your new look.
The Full Mouth Reconstruction Process
If you opt for a full mouth reconstruction, Dr. Brown and Dr. Baran will begin the treatment process by examining your teeth and gums. This will likely include conducting a visual assessment, taking x-rays, and reviewing your medical records. Your dentist will also discuss your aesthetic and medical concerns with you. Based on this information, Dr. Brown or Dr. Baran will create your full mouth reconstruction plan. If you approve, you will schedule your first treatment. We will work closely with you to guide you through the full mouth reconstruction process from start to finish so you can enjoy an outstanding outcome.
Are You a Full Mouth Reconstruction Candidate?
We can help you enjoy a new and improved smile with a full mouth reconstruction. To find out more about this treatment or learn if you may be eligible, contact Brown & Baran Family Dentistry today for a consultation.