A Faster Way to a Beautiful Smile
Say goodbye to the hassle of traditional braces, especially if you’re an adult. Metal braces are not only highly noticeable but can also take years to show results. Luckily, at Brown and Baran Family Dentistry, Drs. Paul E. Brown and Christopher S. Baran offer a convenient and discreet alternative – Invisalign therapy. Invisalign is not only easy to use but can also deliver impressive results in just half the time compared to metal braces.
If you’re unhappy with your smile, don’t just grin and bear it. Check out our guide below to discover more about the Invisalign treatment available at either our Seaford or Wilmington, DE location. Learn how it can benefit your oral health by dialing our Wilmington office at (302) 999-7600 or our Seaford office at (302) 536-7589.
What Is Invisalign®?
Invisalign is an innovative orthodontic treatment designed to gently straighten your teeth using a series of custom-made, transparent aligners. While many people associate misaligned teeth with traditional metal braces, our team of dentists at Brown and Baran Family Dentistry offers a different approach. We craft unique clear aligners that seamlessly fit the natural grooves of your teeth, correcting your smile over time.
The beauty of Invisalign lies in its transparent trays, which can be easily removed. By wearing your aligners for at least 20 to 22 hours a day, you can achieve a camera-ready smile in just half the time it typically takes with metal braces.
The Benefits of Invisalign
Our Invisalign treatment offers a variety of functional and cosmetic benefits:
- Aesthetics: Your custom Invisalign aligners will be made using clear acrylic, making them barely noticeable to family and friends. This will provide you with a discreet, comfortable orthodontic treatment for straightening your teeth.
- Comfort: Traditional braces use metal brackets, wires, and rubber bands, which can often lead to mouth sores. Patients who choose Invisalign experience significantly less discomfort due to these aligners being easily removable.
- Convenience: Patients can quickly remove their Invisalign aligners for photos when eating and on special occasions. With this treatment option, your food choices are unlimited as long as you clean your teeth after eating. On top of that, you only need to visit our office every six weeks for a quick checkup.
- Fast Treatment Time: While metal braces take two years to straighten your teeth, Invisalign works in just nine to 18 months, making them a popular treatment option for adults who are looking to align their natural smile quickly.
The Invisalign Process
Embarking on your Invisalign journey at our Seaford or Wilmington, DE practice is a straightforward process. During your initial visit, your dentist will use digital scans of your teeth and use advanced computer programs to craft a personalized treatment plan. This plan considers the severity of your alignment issues and the unique shape of your teeth. Your dentist will also provide details on the number of aligners you’ll wear and the duration of your Invisalign therapy.
At your second appointment, you’ll receive your first few sets of aligners. You will wear each set of aligners for two weeks, a minimum of 22 hours a day. After your first two appointments, you’ll visit our office every six weeks to progress to the next set of aligners.
Caring for Your Aligners
Taking care of your Invisalign aligners is crucial for ensuring effective treatment and maintaining good oral hygiene. Here are some essential tips to keep in mind:
- Keep Them Clean: Rinse your aligners every time you remove them. Use a soft toothbrush and clear, antibacterial soap to gently brush them. Avoid using hot water, as it can damage the aligners.
- Avoid Staining: Minimize the risk of staining by removing your aligners when consuming colored beverages or foods. Always brush and floss your teeth before putting the aligners back in.
- Store Safely: When not in use, store your aligners in their case. This helps protect them from damage and prevents loss.
- Maintain Oral Hygiene: Continue to brush and floss your teeth regularly. Clean teeth contribute to a healthier overall oral environment and enhance the effectiveness of the Invisalign treatment.
- Stay on Schedule: Wear each set of aligners for the prescribed time (20-22 hours a day) and switch to the next set according to your treatment plan. Consistency is the key to successful results.
- Regular Check-ups: Attend your scheduled appointments every six weeks to monitor your progress and receive the next set of aligners.
Costs and Insurance Coverage
The total cost of Invisalign treatment varies based on factors such as the complexity of your case and the duration of the treatment. At Brown and Baran Family Dentistry, we provide transparent pricing, ensuring you are informed about the investment required for your unique Invisalign plan.
We recommend checking with your dental insurance provider to determine if Invisalign is covered under your plan. Some plans may cover a portion of the treatment costs. Our team is here to assist you in understanding your insurance coverage and maximizing any benefits that may apply to your Invisalign treatment.
We believe in making quality dental care accessible. Ask about our third-party financing plan that can help you manage the cost of Invisalign treatment over time. We accept various payment methods and CareCredit financing to accommodate your preferences and ensure a convenient payment process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Invisalign won’t ruin the health of your teeth. In fact, by correcting your misalignment issues, the treatment can improve your smile’s health. Under the supervision of your dentist, you face even fewer risks. Your dentist will conduct regular Invisalign checkups to ensure your treatment is going smoothly and that there are no issues with your aligners.
Depending on the severity of your alignment issues, Invisalign treatment may change the shape of your face as your teeth are being straightened. Sometimes, changes in your face may not be noticeable until you compare photos from before your treatment. We recommend taking progress photos throughout your treatment for your dentist.
Invisalign won’t make your teeth yellow if you maintain proper oral health care, including brushing your teeth at least twice a day and flossing daily. Not brushing your teeth after eating and drinking can stain your aligners and teeth, making them appear yellow.
If you believe your teeth seem to be yellowing during your Invisalign treatment, contact your dentist to discuss potential causes of the staining as well as possible solutions.
You’ll have to remove your aligners any time you want to eat or drink anything other than cool water. Eating or drinking something besides cool water while wearing an Invisalign aligner can potentially damage or stain it.
If you damage your aligners, call your dentist’s office to replace them. Stained aligners will still straighten your teeth, but they affect your smile’s appearance and can even make your teeth appear discolored.
Achieve a Straighter Smile With Invisalign
At Brown and Baran Family Dental, our dentists understand that misaligned teeth can be a difficult oral health issue to deal with. That’s why we offer convenient Invisalign treatment to help improve the function and appearance of your smile. Unlike braces, this custom, clear aligner therapy makes achieving a beautiful smile easier than ever.
Boost your confidence with discreet, fast-acting Invisalign. Schedule a consultation by calling our Wilmington office at (302) 231-3100 or our Seaford office at (302) 404-0700. You can also fill out our convenient contact form below. We proudly offer this revolutionary cosmetic dentistry technique to patients who reside in surrounding areas such as Pike Creek, Marshallton, and Stanton, DE areas.